Christmas will be here before we know it so I have created a list of stocking stuffers and gifts for the mom's on your list (or let's face it, you might be buying yourself a present or two while you are shopping for everyone else!)
Everyone knows that giving gifts feels great. I specifically chose items that I use or would use because no one wants a bunch of clutter or gimmick that will lead to overwhelm once the holidays are over. I wouldn't say we are minimalists in our house, but we are striving towards the #lessismore mentality.
I've broken it down so the stocking stuffers are all $30 and under, while the gifts section has higher priced items.
Disclosure: Some items below are affiliate links, which means by purchasing from the links I will receive a small commission without any extra cost to you.
1. Bamboo Reusable Cutlery and Stainless Steel Straw - This might be the item I am most excited to share! #ditchtheplastic and save the environment with this set. And it is a steal of a deal if you ask me!
2. Wowe Lifestyle - sticking with the "green theme" for a minute I would recommend anything on this website! I switched to the bamboo toothbrushes a while back and they are great! I also would recommend you try tongue scraping in the New Year. There are many benefits to it which you can read about here. And can you imagine what a difference we could all make if we switched to reusable produce bags for the grocery store? (side note: you don't need to put your bananas in a plastic bag!! They have skin that you don't eat!) Please take a look at this site; it may not be the most glamorous gift but it's practical!
3. Himalayan Salt Lamp - Some say that Himalayan Salt lamps will emit negative ions in your home to help with all the of electronics that emit positive ions. Whether or not you choose to believe that, I think they are lovely to look at and have a beautiful light.
4. Dare to Lead by Brene Brown - This book is amazing (as is everything by Brene Brown), and anyone in a leadership role should take the time to read or listen.
5. How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie - One of my all time favourite books that will help you have successful, win-win relationships.
6. Oh She Glows Everyday Cookbook by Angela Liddon - Such a great cookbook. She's a mom who knows all about feeding young kiddos. The Chilli Nacho's recipe is a big hit in our family!
7. Hot for Food: Vegan Comfort Classics by Lauren Toyota - I actually don't have this cookbook, but I would like to get it because I have made a few of her recipes and they are amazing! Her vegan mushroom Alfredo is so good!
1. Kitchen Aid Food Processor - I use my food processor nearly every other day. It's the perfect appliance for making energy bites, my beloved lentil balls, "nice cream", and so many other recipes.
2. Crockpot - Every parent needs to have a crockpot for those busy days. A little pre-planning and you can come home to a delicious meal!
3. Immersion Blender - When we moved we mysteriously lost a box that contained some of my most prized kitchen gadgets - the popcorn popper (I cannot live without my popcorn!), and my immersion blender. I make soups a couple times a week and I would always use my immersion blender to blend all or some of the veggies, making it a thicker, creamier soup. So we were using our blender which works fine too, but is an extra step, which means more time. This is a must for guacamole, sauces, and of course soups!
4. Nike running shoes - you need to replace your running shoes every couple months!
5. Young Living Essential Oils - If you are new to oils here is a great place to start reading about the many benefits. There are some great starter kits you can get, which are the best bang for your buck and include a diffuser, which is one of my favourite ways to use oils.
6. Arbonne - If you have never heard of Arbonne, it is an almost 40 year old vegan skincare, cosmetics, and nutrition company. I love this company and it's philosophy so much. Arbonne is a trailblazer and has been completely vegan and green before it was the "cool" thing to do. There are no harmful ingredients in any of their products so I have always felt great about my decision using everything on myself and my girlies. Without going too deep into it on this post, know that whatever you put on to your skin will make its way into your body and eventually becomes a part of you. I will share more about my love for Arbonne in another post ;)
7. Vitamix - this is obviously a big ticket item, but if you are in the market for a high powered blender, this is my suggestion.
8. Minimalist Baker Cookbook - another one of my go-to for amazing plant-based recipes.
11. Manduka Yoga Mat or other yoga gear - Manduka has always been my mat of choice and they have great yoga gear as well such as blocks, straps, bolsters, or meditation cushions (if you don't currently have a mediation cushion don't let that stop you from enjoying the benefits of mediation, you can literally meditate anywhere).
So this certainly isn't an extensive Gift Giving Guide, but could be a good place to start if you are searching for ideas!
Some other ideas are: 1. Gift Certificate for Massage, Reiki, or other treatment 2. Gift Certificate to a favourite Gym, Fitness or Yoga Studio 3. Gift Certificate for an Esthetic treatment
4. Gift Certificate to a favourite Clothing or Home Goods Store.
I hope you enjoyed this post. If you have other great ideas please share them in the comments! Merry Christmas Megan